Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Current Hits

Yep, it's time for another troll through the bidget bins. And, lookie here! It's my favorite label -HIT RECORDS!


Here's an interesting one; TWENTY-SIX songs on one LP! How'd they do it? By creating two weird cuts that excerpt 30 second snippets from 14 different songs, that's how! The other 12 are full-length versions. The question is: WHY?





I wonder if this collection of Country & Western tunes is the same weird medley deal, as described above? (I don't have this one, but the other HIT RECORDS C&W cuts I have heard are, predictably, top-notch!)


Their "Current Hits" series is a favorite of mine. They made an effort to do some interesting, albeit, low-budget, cover designs. Here are but two volumes.





I just bought this one off of eBay, so I don't know if this is 20 full-length hits, or what. HIT put out a whole series of LPs that simply showed the song titles with no attempt to create illustrations or other graphics. Some are even more austere than this!


BONUS 45!



I can only imagine what those NASHVILLE session cats sounded like in their attempts to ape the "Lizard King!" Was there any indecent exposure involved..?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

"I can only imagine what those NASHVILLE session cats sounded like in their attempts to ape the "Lizard King!" Was there any indecent exposure involved..?"

LMAO! Depending on the job they did it might have been indecent exposure just to release the song.

It is mind-boggling how many budget records are out there. I had no idea this many existed.

March 07, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember Harper Valley PTA. They even made a cheesy TV movie out of it.

March 08, 2007 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home