Monday, February 19, 2007

Preoccupied!

Actually, this is me!

As noted, I just took receipt of an Apple iMac with the idea that I will be setting up a system to capture, edit & burn DVDs. Something I seem to forget any time I start up such a project is that I become preoccupied with said project to the point of uselessness.

My brain has a constant humming, as the details float around my cerebral cortex. "Must upgrade RAM... that's fifty bucks... need more money... sell some stuff to finance iMac project... need firewire external DVD-RW drive... Best Buy no gots, but Circuit City does... I wonder if that will include the proper cables... Hmm... another $100 there... need DAZZLE AV bridge... no indication that these are compatible with anything other than Windows operating systems... what about mac compatibility... do I just blow the $100 and hope I can return it..."

Meanwhile, my wife is saying things like, "Craig? Craig? Did you hear me? Your pants! They're on backwards! Are you listening? Craig?"

"Pants..." I mumble. "Not compatible with OSX... everything is different... where did I leave the daughter... need... more... RAM..."

4 Comments:

Blogger Bardouble29 said...

Help the computer is overtaking you. LOL I am the same when I get a new project or gadget!

February 19, 2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. You just described me on an average morning ...

Unfortunately, computers have a tendency to do that to you ...

February 20, 2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger me and the other me said...

ah ha! i loved this posting- it reminded me quite a bit of my former BF. too funny!
p.s. his blog is sweet tea prohibition, if you're interested.

February 21, 2007 7:53 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

pycho-therapist: I guess the prefix "former" is understandable, then! Thanks for dropping by.

February 22, 2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home