Thursday, October 08, 2009

Job Fair


I joined a great big throng of enthusiastic desperate folks at the Fayetteville "Fall Into Work" job fair this morning at the Crown Exposition Center.

When will I ever learn?

Hardee's was a co-sponsor for this event, so what does that tell you?

I did get some information regarding a supervisor position at the local Maidenform (yes, that Maidenform!) Distribution Center. I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza interviewed at a bra company.

The bulk of the representatives were from Sales (Mary Kay,Longerberger Baskets, Car Dealerships), Law Enforcement (city police, county sheriffs office state highway patrol), Health Care, Employment Agencies and the like.

I have never met anyone who got their job through a job fair.

Never, ever.

Have you?

When, indeed, will I ever learn?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Thinking of you and hope things work out soon!

October 09, 2009 10:11 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I haven't, but then I haven't asked many pople how they got their jobs. I do know lot sof people who got permanent jobs through a temp agency, though.

October 10, 2009 8:31 PM  
Blogger KL from NYC said...

You speak the truth. The "job fairs" are useless, and any available jobs are paying less than Unemployment Insurance. I can't believe that I'm still on unemployment.
By the way, I haven't been able to visit as often, but I'm glad you're doing well considering the circumstances.

October 14, 2009 5:11 PM  
Blogger KL from NYC said...

I forgot to tell you that the Garage Beat '66 series is here:
http://mza-garage.blogspot.com/search/label/Garage%20Beat%2066%20-%205%20Vol.

and there:
http://fixitinthemix.blogspot.com/search/label/Garage%20Beat%20%2766

All 7 volumes.
(I'm pretty sure it's OK to download music when you're on Unemployment, so go ahead if you don't have these yet.)

October 14, 2009 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home