Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Contains 100% Post-Employment Content



I've been working on signing up for unemployment. As it turns out, it can be done on-line.

Unfortunately, I've hit a snag. One section asks about payments I'm due to receive for unused vacation and severance pay. I have to enter the amounts and dates of payment; the html coding will not allow me to continue with the application process until this data has been provided.

In a word, "nuts!"

As I had mentioned in a previous post, the company had been somewhat bogus in their handling of the severance pay. Also noted was the HR Manager's refusal to help anyone with anything specific, i.e. "It was all explained in the single-page, purposely vague lay-off notice we handed out three months ago."

I decided to call the Parent Corporation in Carthage, MO.

I talked to a very nice lady there whose job title is "Director of Employee Relations."

By Tuesday she had determined the gross amounts of both my vacation pay (nine days' worth) and my severnace pay (two weeks' worth - the maximum allowed!) She's still working on determining the disbursment dates, though.

This is good news, as it sounds like I'll have five weeks' worth of pay once my final paycheck is factored in.

The Employee Relations Director mentioned that my paycheck will not be directly deposited into my account, though. It will be a "live check."

Since ye oldde mortgage is coming due next week, I decided that the best course of action will be to make the 82 mile round-trip to the dish rack factory to pick it up, in person. I need to deposit that puppy ASAP.

Why the rush?

I'm going on a road trip. The family and I are going to drive up to Buffalo with my Sister-In-Law. We'll be leaving Monday and the funds for the house payment had better be in place so that there's not a disposses notice hanging on the door when we get back!

Next task: Filing for Medicaid for my daughter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Good luck with the financial nonsense.

Hope you have a few pennies left to have a wing at the Anchor on your trip!

July 29, 2009 4:06 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

wow...I have missed a lot. I think the last time i visited you...you were starting a new job. I need to visit people more!

I hope things turn out okay for you in the end. There is always something to deal with isn't there?

July 29, 2009 6:21 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Lee: No ANchor Bar, but plenty of Mighty Tacos!

Merelyme: Well, the "new job" only lasted 20 months, so you didn't miss much.

July 29, 2009 7:20 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I'm glad you got th epaperwork straightened out. Have fun on your road trip.

July 31, 2009 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

February 01, 2010 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home