Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Turn Around

Today is Mariel's first day of kindergarten.

She's in Mrs. Brewington's class and apparently, she's superstar teacher that everyone raves about. (Personally,she gets high marks in my book for having a phonograph and some vintage children's records in the classroom!)

We dropped daughter dearest off this morning and she was really anxious for us to leave so she could jump right in.

Since we got back from Buffalo, Mariel has been exhibiting a more independent streak, which is a good thing. I think hanging with her cousins helped her.

Unfortunately for me, she has decided, "I don't like Daddy any more!"

Sometimes she'll be a little more sophisticated by asking, "Guess who lives in this neighborhood that I don't like anymore? Daddy!"

She'll also try to shoo me out of the room if she's doing something, i.e. "Don't you have to go upstairs?"

Ah, me.

Turn around and you're three,
Turn around and you're four,
Turn around and you're a young woman
Heading out the door...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

What a big milestone!

Were there any tears? (Yours or hers?)

August 26, 2009 9:26 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

No tears, Lee, though Mommy kept checking her watch all day.

Mariel got a smiley face on her first day's behavior report, so Daddy heaved a sigh of relief!

August 26, 2009 12:53 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm impressed at the tear-free-ness of the day!

And well done, Mariel!

August 26, 2009 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf up with my god daughter? "don't like daddy" my ass!

August 26, 2009 9:16 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

What can I say but, "Get in line, Mariel!"

August 30, 2009 2:31 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I cried the first day of kindergarten with both my boys. I think the first day of college in just two years from now will shatter me.

August 31, 2009 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home