Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday The Thirteenth? I Got Off Easy!

Not a bad day, on the whole. For a change the whole family had the day off, so it was a Father-Daughter-Mommy Day. Rare!

Mariel pulled the rear-view mirror off of the van's windshield and she knocked my glasses of and messed up the nose pads. No biggie, though.

One of the few things I know how to repair on a car is the rear-view mirror. For $1.77 plus tax I got the two-stage adhesive and glued the whoozis back on the windshield.

The glasses required only a quick trip to the LenseCrafters. There was no wait and I was on my way in 15 minutes. Gotta love those free adjustments!

The cherry on top? We got our first-ever dividend refund check from our car insurance agent! Yep, fifty-six sweet, sweet dollars. It'll pay for our tag renewals, which are due this month.

I guess you can't lose 'em all...

So how was your Friday the 13th, hmmm?

6 Comments:

Blogger Bardouble29 said...

So far mine is looking pretty good. I got a call for a job interview today and a friend took me out to dinner and paid...

April 13, 2007 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

egg-

lesley got me a ipod shufle for anniversary. bout the size of a postage stamp 1 gig sounds good.

April 14, 2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

scott: Congrats on joining the iPod crowd! Nautrally, you'll want to check out THIS post and download all the songs to which I've linked!

Bardouble29: Job interview, eh? Good luck with that! And a FREE MEAL? Score!!!

April 14, 2007 10:34 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Somehow I slid right on through Friday the 13th without noticing... except that a raccoon cleaned out all the bird feeders...
So I guess the birds were unlucky?

Glad you know how to glue the whoozis onto the whatzis. Most people don't, you know.

Friday the 13th reminds me of the blues, and the blues remind me of Townes VanZandt singing Lightnin' Hopkins Short-haired Woman Blues... Talk about bad luck! ("Nothin' but hard luck and trouble, man, 'have you buyin' rats all the time.")

Congrat's on surviving Friday and 13th rat-free!

April 15, 2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Not bad, Friday the 13ths are usually pretty good/lucky days for me. Then again my favorite number is 13 so...

April 15, 2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger CS said...

craig - Sounds likes completely mnor catastrophes for you, and nice that you got a family day. My Friday was pretty fantastic - no complaints from me.

April 16, 2007 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home