Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Calling Mary Poppins!

My wife's sister will be heading back to Florida late tomorrow afternoon and her parents will be arriving on Sunday. I work a four day week, so I'm off Friday through Sunday.

Help!

We have a disconnect on Thursday. Two of the nice folks who volunteered to help us out have had to beg off, due to illness. We have calls in to two other households that offered to help out, but as of yet, there's no word back.

Folks, we have a very active three year old that my wife is too sore to run after, right now. As far as I know, that "bring your daughter to work day" is not this week.

S-o-o-o-o...

My fall-back plan is that Mary Poppins will swoop down out of the sky and take Mariel to the park so as to gaily gambol with chimney sweeps.

I see no alternative at this point...

4 Comments:

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

See this is the reason why I will never be a parent... My advice to you would be to dope her up on some Nyquil or duct tape her to a chair. Maybe both!

Seriously, I hope something works out for you. Is there no way you could take the day off? I wish I lived closer so I could help (of course after this comment you probably never want me anywhere near your kid).

March 27, 2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

whim: NyQuil. Duct Tape. Chair. Check. I have all those things...

Can you tell I'm a bit stressed?

We did get a friend-of-a-friend in line for a least a portion of the day. This might yet come together without going to "Plan B."

"Plan B" is to take the day off. Or portion, thereof. Which I will do. If "Plan A" won't work.

Hmmm... NyQuil, Duct Tape, Chair.

March 28, 2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain. Finding child care is sooooo difficult.

Do you have any hourly day care places in your neck of the woods?

This might cheer you up: YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED.

March 29, 2007 12:50 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Curse you, Dorky Dad! Isn't my life complicated enough right now without these sort of shenanigans? DONE!

Mary Poppins update: What's better than ONE Mary Poppins? How about THREE Mary Poppins? A big thanks to April, Roxanne and Angie for taking shifts with Michelle 'n' Mariel today. I owe youse all, big time!

March 29, 2007 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home