Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Budget Beatles Quickie

One Recording Session + One Photo Session = Infinite Budget LPs!
OK, this is really only TWO LPs. I know of at least 2 others for which I don't have photos readily available.

UPDATE: I found a third variant 04/30/07!

Also, one of these group photos (the one with the guy sitting on the bass drum) was used for a LOU REED bootleg back in the 'seventies! Speculation was rife that the drum-sitter was Lou, himself! I don't think so...
Somebody must've thought there was a "Yesterday And Today" butcher cover underneath the BEATS!!!! artwork. Can't blame a guy for trying, I guess.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

Wow, you own these? Very cool if you do...well still cool, but cooler for you..you know what I mean.

Many ages ago, I was recording in a studio in Arrington, TN (outside Nashville) and the owner had been given Nicky Hopkins' entire catalog of Beatles/Stones stuff. The owner was a scientologist, as was Nicky - as I just realized the connection from reading Nicky's Wikipedia entry! A Ha!

April 11, 2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

I have that BEATS!!!! albums, but not the other one. A lot of these Budget LP posts feature images snatched from eBay auctions.

Interesting tidbit about Mr. Hopkins. I think the only Beatles track he played on was the single version of REVOLUTION. They'd have used him more often except they figured he "belonged" to the stones. At least, I think that's what Nicky said in an interview...

April 11, 2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Craig, it amazes me how much you know about all of this.

April 12, 2007 10:18 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

whim: Aw, shucks... I just know bits 'n' pieces. If only my brain wasn't cluttered up with all this trivial junk! It's like an over-loaded, highly fragment hard-drive.

April 13, 2007 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there a link for downloading this albums? (Beats, The liverpools)

April 01, 2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger Rockinbee said...

Craig, In England this was issued at "Billy Pepper and the Pepperpots.

January 23, 2009 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home