Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sorry, Calvin

Thanks to a tip from one of my peeps at church, it looks like I might finally be rejoining the workforce.

Now, I'm probably counting my chickens before they've hatched, but I've filled out all the paperwork and did the physical today, so barring any unforeseen circumstances...

Looks like I'll be working at Fort Bragg as an "Electronics Helper."

My thirty-four year-old AAS degree in Electrical Technology is finally paying off!

From the job description I'll be doing things like preparing units for refurbishing, either by making/painting cabinets, installing name plates, tightening sockets, looking for obvious physical damage and what-not.

It's a one-year contract with Medical & Dental benefits. And it's a first shift gig, too.

Sounds like COTY and their promises of a three-to-six month second-shift gig is going to be filed under "thanks for screwing around with me all Summer."

Let's see what happens next.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

That sounds pretty good, all things considered- best of luck!

July 21, 2011 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home