Monday, November 01, 2010

De-Faced


The great facebook experiment is over for yours truly.

My sister, Amy, one day, e-mailed me a link to some sort of photo. It was in somebody's facebook album and the only way to see it was to open a facebook account. Oh, how innocent it all seemed...

Like so many others, I fell under the thrall of this myspace-on-crack "social network" soul-taker.

Oh, yeah, it was fun finding old neighbors, classmates, family members, etc.

It was very gratifying to find that so many folks even remembered me!

But I'm done with it now.

Does that mean a return to more long-form blogging here?

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

3 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I have a FB account but I use it to keep up with old friends, classmates and family. I don't get sucked into all the games and quizzes and what have you. So it takes little of my time. I still think of my blog as my primary outlet.

November 02, 2010 8:58 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

I managed to steer clear of the farmville / mafiawars / quizzes.

Basically, I had become a lab monkey who had been trained to push the button and get a pellet.

Also, I had become reflexively political and, having damaged one friendship, decided the hell with!

Keeping up with family and friends was the up-side, but at some point the "class reunion" has to end.

November 03, 2010 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah - turned into one pathetic neverending walk down memory lane.

November 05, 2010 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home