Thursday, August 09, 2007

To Blog, Perchance to Meme

Well, my blog-buddy, Jeff, has hit me with an "Eight Random Things About Myself" meme. Seems like I did a similar one a few months back, courtesy of a tag from dorky dad, but what the heck! I'm flattered that he'd think enough of me and my blog to pass on the old monkey's paw.

Aside: I did a quick Internet search on "meme" and it turns out it's pronounced either as "meem" or "mem." Huh. I always thought it was like "Me! Me! Pick me!" Live 'n' learn, eh?

  1. I need new shoes. I usually have two pairs of "mall walkers" in my arsenal. A white pair for casual and a black pair for work. There's a certain kind of McGregors shoe that fits the bill and I've been able to find them at K-Mart. Bonus - Quite often they go on sale for $10 a pair! My one other pair of shoes are nice steel-toed oxford safety shoes. This pair needs a new set of laces.
  2. My sinuses have been acting up. It feels like someone has unloaded a caulking gun cartridge of LePages Library Paste into each nostril. The current heat wave (today's "Real Feel" Heat Index = 111 degrees F!) Isn't helping any.
  3. I drank the KOOL-AID and upgraded to Microsoft Office Standard 2007 this morning. Yep, It has rendered my Outlook Account null and void. Am awaiting tech help, so I can communicate with the rest of the company. Super yay!
  4. My Father-In-Law is 15 years older than I am. My Father is 30 years older than I am. I am 45 years older than my daughter. There seems to be a "rule of fifteen" at work here.
  5. In 1981, I quit my day-job and moved to Toronto, Ontario to work on a film production. It didn't pan out, and I ended up moving back home after 2-1/2 months.
  6. I met Frank Zappa. (This is for Jeff and anyone else who might have missed this last year. Summer Re-Run, don't ya know!)
  7. I have one older sister, a younger sister and a younger brother. None of us live in the same state.
  8. I don't chew gum. This is something that has always struck me as disgusting. Now, mind you, I have have many disgusting habits. But I've never left a thick wad of spitted-up bolus stuck to the bottom of a school desk so that the next person to sit there would brush up against it and ruin their pants. Gad, how I hate those little mouth-turds gum-chewers leave in their wake!

Now, Jeff, aren't you sorry you asked?

Stay cool, folks, and have a great weekend!
OH, and here's episode #2 of CARTOON DUMP!

13 Comments:

Blogger Bardouble29 said...

Hi my friend, it is always fun to learn new and interesting things about our blog neighbors!

August 09, 2007 11:22 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

You met FZ?! Very cool!
Gum is over-rated...Air-conditioning is not.

August 09, 2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger weatherchazer said...

Intersting stuff- I contected via gale- your name looked very familiar to me. I like the Milton post as well- Love me some Office Space.

August 09, 2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

I envy your Frank Zappa meeting, I haven't even met Dweezil or Moon Unit.

August 09, 2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been calling em ME! ME! also. So what the hell does Meem stand for?

Frank Zappa? Very cool.

August 09, 2007 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am a gum lover myself. i am one of those obnoxious gum cracking, bubble blowing, people that you probably hate.

August 11, 2007 9:00 PM  
Blogger Gale said...

Two pairs of shoes? Thats it? Why we should have a telethon, contact Keds. You can't just have 2 pair of shoes. My head hurts trying to get around this.

August 12, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

gale: Maybe it's a "guy" thing.

andromeda: Aw, I don't hate you.

jeff: The "meme" is short for some twenty-six letter word, that apparently has little to do with asking people to list the last 12 things they ate.

furiousball: Dweezil and Moon Unit? Delightful kids! They just love their "Uncle Craig!" (Uh, OK, maybe I'm pushing it, now...)

waetherchazer: Oooh - company! Thanks for dropping by!


allan: Agreed! Both FZ and AC are cool.

bardouble29: I guess that's why we do these meme thingys.

August 12, 2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i'm not mad about chewing gum either...

August 12, 2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a gum chewer. But I draw the line at OTHER people's gum. THAT, my friend, is disgusting.

August 13, 2007 12:00 AM  
Blogger CS said...

I love you just for #8!

August 14, 2007 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should notify my friend about this.

December 13, 2009 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Rare air jordan said...

Very Useful information , this is both good reading for, have quite a few good key point. It is my pleasure to read your article! Thank you for sharing !

April 12, 2010 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home