Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Me = Milton

Gosh, folks! Sorry about all those cartoon-related posts. It's just, you know, when it rains, it pours sometimes.

I thought I was in compliance with my blogger Terms Of Service agreement, what with all those posts about my car woes, but it turns out I've been deficient in writing about one specific topic, i.e. "work!"

Well, just like my buddy Milton (pictured), my desk was moved recently and it was moved into the supply closet. I kid you not! The fact that I resemble Milton's older, less virile cousin coupled with my fairly accurate imitation of same kept visitors in stitches for weeks!

"I was told that I could listen to my radio programs at a reasonable volume. That's... that's my stapler."

Oh, and hey, folks, isn't it great when a co-worker uses your back as a handy storage unit for their many and varied knives?

Um, I just love post-it notes, don't you? Especially the "extra sticky" kind!

Er, ah, and what's the deal with "casual day?" Uh...

Oh, dammit! I can't do it! I can't bring myself to write about my workaday world. It's just too banal and, paradoxically, upsetting.

So, I'm in violation of my TOS! Go ahead, blogger and toss me off the Internet!

I... I... just... can't... do... it...

11 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

Keep posting the cartoons amigo and hang onto that red stapler.

August 08, 2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger PDR said...

I love when he has to keep passing the pieces of cake along until everyone has one but him!

August 08, 2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

The picture of Milton could be a cartoon, or at least the inspiration for a sit-com - too funny. And now you both share this space?? Oh, my.

I always thought our business was sit-com material. One memory that jumps right to mind is the time a guy came in hopping up and down and screaming, "You hired my brother and he's a bigger crook than me!!! I want a job!!!"

Maybe this is why they call it "work"...

But seriously, Craig, you are certainly one of the sweetest people in Bloggerville. You deserve some respect... and some space... and a stapler...

August 08, 2007 3:12 PM  
Blogger minijonb said...

acatually, i think i'd like to have my desk moved into the supply closet. more privacy.

August 08, 2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm happy to read about whatever you write!

August 08, 2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

I can empathize with the broom closet...did you take my old job?
Knifeholder...ouch.

Better things!

August 08, 2007 5:48 PM  
Blogger Gale said...

Sometimes you just have to vent about work, otherwise your head will explode.

August 08, 2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger the blogger formerly known as yinyang said...

Office Space wouldn't have been the same without Milton, and (here comes the cheesy) Bloggerville wouldn't be the same without your cartoon revelations and childhood trombone adventures. Sorry to hear about the supply closet, but it's worth it or you wouldn't still be there, right?

August 08, 2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

wiz: Actually, Milton started out as a cartoon! Click HERE! He was later developed into the movie OFFICE SPACE. I'm sweet? SWEET!

allan:Seems like I always have somebody's old job. Better Things? I live in hope, my friend!

gale: The secret is to not vent about work while at work. I've learned this the hard way.

yinyang: I keep telling myself "it's worth it" but it's a hard sell, lemme tell ya!

Thanks for everyone's commiseration & support. (There's a reason why DILBERT is such a popular comic strip. Hint: It's not the finely-crafted artwork!)

I may yet write about work again...

August 09, 2007 5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, you have me in tears here. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. Great post!

August 09, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

oh crappers... are we sposed to blog about our work too?

August 12, 2007 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home