Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Professionalism - Part 2

Now, to be fair to Ms. Thropic, or "Anne" as I'm sure her friends would call her if that, in fact, was her name...

I wouldn't have gotten the gig with this company if she was inclinded to buckle down and do stuff she doesn't particularly feel like doing. Somehow, a client wanted some major engineering muscle expended on "validating" the company's manufacturing machinery and they agreed to do it. Supposedly with Anne helming the project!

I've previously posted about how I came to work at this place, but the bottom line is that "Annie" doesn't do well when it comes to reading and understanding technical stuff.

As in "(Giggle) this is too complicated for someone as cute and princess-like as myself! And, besides, I'm too valuable an asset to this company to actually have to follow through on something I promised we'd do."

So they hired a very desperate guy who had run out of unemployment benefits to do this fairly massive project, i.e. Me!

Note: This is a small Mom-n-Pop operation and there is no depth to their "engineering resources" for such an undertaking. In fact, the folks around here made it clear that taking up any manufacturing time or material to run these validations was going to be an uphill battle.

I held a meeting with Annie and the production manager to try to schedule these studies and it was looked upon as a major inconvenience. The production manager was having people work (gasp!) overtime to get a big, big order out. He didn't need to be wasting time running engineering studies! Hold a training session with the staff to explain what the project is and how it will be implemented? Out of the question!

Annie? Her take on this "transition team meeting" was, "Are you done with me!?!? Cool Beans!!! I'm outta here!!! Ya ha ha ha ha!!!!"

Too much of a diva to actually participate in even the shrugging off of "her" project, I suppose. (Oh, and I got burdened with providing updates to the customer that was tracking that big, big order. Yep, it was something Ms. Thropic was supposed to be doing!)

Obviously, I'm having some "issues" trying to work with these people, here...

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Gale said...

Are these people your bosses? Where are your bosses? Do you have a boss? Maybe you should talk about your 'issues' or see if your client is hiring.

August 14, 2007 7:54 AM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I really don't like that woman.

Damn Craig, I'm so sorry that you have to work with these morons.

August 14, 2007 3:22 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm thinking that you need to be making a comic strip out of this!

August 14, 2007 3:32 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

No wonder you are such a corny guy... if you weren't laughing, you'd be screaming.

I'm in agreement with all of the above commenters. I really hate it when good folks like you have to put up with the Anne Thropics of the world.

You should begin looking around for other possibilities. Employers are much more inclined to hire someone who is already working. I suppose the logic is that if someone else hired you, you're probably desirable. Anyway, there's no harm in looking at other possible employment.

August 14, 2007 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm...are you doing this blog entry on work time?
anyway, prince is so small that you can see his shoes in his drivers license photo

August 14, 2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Yikes. I hate that you are working for these people. But, Craigm what doesn't kill you..... , um, yeah, doesn't kill you.

August 14, 2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

gale: The plant manager guy is a boss, as is the VEEP. Princess Anne is supposed to be a co-worker, whatever that means anymore.

whim: Thanks for the sympathy. I'm sorry, as well!

lee: Ah, if only I could draw. Maybe my daughter could do the artwork?

wiz: I've never stopped looking!

scott: Um, what's your point?

cs: What doesn't kill you makes you beg for death! (Is that the correct quote?)

August 15, 2007 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home