Monday, August 13, 2007

Professionalism - Part 1

I turned 49 last February. A co-worker of mine is turning 49 later this year. You'd think a pair of 49 year-olds could work together for a common goal in a professional manner.

Apparently, I was wrong about that.


My co-worker, whom I'll call Ms. Anne Thropic, because even if that isn't her actual name that's what she is, has a strange practice. Rather than get a printer for her computer, or hook up to the company's network laser printer, she insists on having other people print stuff out for her.


"I'm sending you an e-mail; I need you to print it out for me! Oh, and all the attachments, too!"

And what she can't e-mail, she will put on a pin drive, "for your convenience." And you'd better print it out now because she's a very busy person and her clients need to be serviced!

I noticed this weird behavior when I first started on as a temp. She had some big, big files to print out, so she pulled the old pin-drive maneuver. She ran over to a woman who was up to her neck in meeting some ISO Audit deadline requirements, and practically elbowed her in the face as she stuck the pin drive on the over-burdened co-worker's computer.

"I need a print out of these files!" She cackled in her "I'm rude and obnoxious, but aren't I cute" air-raid siren voice.

"Odd, " I thought, as distant warning bells started to chime...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

Add whatever network printer as her default printer and get that bitch out of your hair. I hate crap like that.

August 13, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

furiousball: You'd think it'd be that simple...

August 13, 2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

That twit needs to be taught a lesson, like how it's easy as hell to print something!

I have a signal! It is sketchy (don't know how long it will hold) and not the one from the school, but it's a welcome sight (as is your blog).

August 13, 2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

The next time she does this, open the document on your computer, highlight all the text and then change the font to Wingdings... then print it and wonder what in the world happened. Must be a glich when moving something to your computer to print... What a pity her work doesn't seem to print on your machine...

August 13, 2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Wizened Wizard's approach made me laugh!

I always thought I could get farther in life if I perfected an "I'm rude and obnoxious, but aren't I cute" air-raid siren voice.

August 13, 2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Gale said...

Doesn't look as if this is going to magically fix itself. I hope your resume is up to date and you are looking for a job. Or is murder out of the question?

August 14, 2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

Forty-nine years old!

I didn't think even God was that old.

He-he...

August 15, 2007 2:41 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

dirk: Well, I don't know about GOD, but MADONNA just turned 49 today....

August 16, 2007 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home