Thursday, April 19, 2007

C&W Budget Beatles Bonanza!

OK! The heck with my totally awesome insights into the scriptures and current events, let's get back to what I know best...






I just came across this on-line and it is my new favorite album of the moment!

Looks like the Design record label decided to create a new Country-Western/Brit-Beat hybrid for the budget bin crowd.

The phony group is named "The Fabulous Beats" which is genius itself. They recorded ten C&W "standards" in what they considered to be the style of The Beatles. That is to say, lots of Liverpool harmonies, Harrisonesque guitar signatures and quirky Ringo-style drumming.

Well, almost. But it really works for me!

(Note: I took some liberties is "flipping" the cover photo so that guitars are all right-handed. Yeah, I know McCartney was a lefty, but that doesn't mean Lennon & Harrison have to be! I'm just that much of a nerd!)

Find out more HERE!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger DirkStar said...

Hey, why did you drop the link to my post today?

I was kinda surprised...

April 19, 2007 11:37 PM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

wow, that cover is priceless could have served for the entire impetus for making The Ruttles.

April 20, 2007 10:08 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

dirk: I felt conflicted about providing yet another post on the VA-Tech deal. I deleted my post and then remembered I had left a link in my comment on your blog, so I deleted that as well. I could always restore the posting, if you think it's appropriate.

furiousball: This LP sounds like it was lifted from the soundtrack of the never-filmed "GO GO BIG BEAT 2" movie!

April 20, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I adore that cover! It is so campy!

April 21, 2007 1:38 AM  
Blogger Aildoux said...

Arn't you the funny bunny making a horizontal flip of the picture on the record jacket like that!

June 19, 2009 2:11 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Yes, ain't I?

June 25, 2009 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home