Friday, December 29, 2006

The Green Bean Thing

Remember that Seinfeld episode where Kramer found the old Merv Griffin Show set in a dumpster? He hauled it back to his apartment and reconstructed it. The next logical step was then to conduct a twenty-four-hour-a-day talk show from his living room.

It finally reached a point where Newman was sitting there prattling on about how he uses the store brand of green beans and he could hardly tell the difference.

Sometimes blogging feels like that.

I like the give-and-take with my fellow bloggers and sometimes I even have something to write about. But other times, it's that green bean thing.

"Well, this is an all-time low!"

(BTW, I snatched the photo here from seinfeld-fan.net, so check it out if you're a fan of the show!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you the canned or frozen kind?

I bet you could go lower if you really tried. KIDDING! Trust me I've seen far worse posts than this. I think you said that you have nothing to say in quite an amusing manner actually.

December 29, 2006 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I feel like that sometimes. You should read my blog now.

I, for one, like canned green beans myself. It's one of the few canned veggies I do like.

Canned peas: bad.

Canned green beans: good.

December 30, 2006 2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when Husband first mentioned "BLOGGING" to me. I shook my head in mild disgust, saying, "Everybody talking, nobody listening," and wrote the whole idea off. (Of course, I also once pooh-poohed the notion that the computer was the neatest thing since sliced bread...) We wizards are slow to accept modern notions.

I occasionally grow a few green beans - only for fresh, from the garden consumption, though. The beans I DO grow lots of (and freeze for winter fare) are edamame: green soybeans. They are yummy for snacking (the Japanese eat them as an appetizer) or the green vegetable part of a meal. But I digress...

And now I'll digress again... Husband's name was featured on a Seinfeld episode. Not generically - it was his name. It was a funny episode (weren't they all?) and the name was a good part of the joke. The names used throughout the Seinfeld show are the names of college acquaintances of Larry David, and so my husband had his "brush with greatness."

Write when the spirit moves you, Craig D. We'll keep dropping in, FABULOUS post or something about a has bean.

December 30, 2006 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, bean there and done that...

Happy New year my good friend!

December 31, 2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Hmmm... Maybe I should try POD casting next?

January 01, 2007 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK IT WAS ACTUALLY THE WAX BEANS

January 06, 2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

anonymous - So noted!

January 10, 2007 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home