Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry, You Know, Christmas!

Oh by gosh, by golly! It's time for mistletoe and holly!

Man, oh, man! There are a lotta bad vibes floating around this holiday season! I just made my second trip to the sympathy card section of the Hallmark aisle last night. Yep, two friends have had parents die so far this month!

My 3 year old daughter is so keyed up over the coming Christmas morn she's become a mini-Tazmanian Devil! "Wanna go to Wal*Mart and see the Christmas Pups!" has become her mantra. She says this roughly 10 times a minute. Even in her sleep!

The wifey has been pulling all-nighters baking cookies, wrapping presents, etc., etc. And don't get me started on the mood at the office! Wow-weeee!

So here's the deal. I'm going to try to post some pleasant things here as I think of them. I don't know what they'll be, but I figure we could all use a respite from the oh-so-merry demands of this blessed holiday season. You, gentle reader, can chime in as well, either here or on your own blogs.

So watch this space...


Thanks to Aunt Kathy for this one...



Awwww... cute widdle kittens! Click the logo to see 'em!



A MINOR MIRACLE!

Hey, here's a big shout-out to my brother, Scott! Without going into detail, I'll just say he's been having some set backs and health issues of Biblical proportions! Last month, while I was grumping about some really trivial crap he told me the following...

It was early in the pre-dawn morning and Scott was getting some breakfast together before heading out to work. He toasted up some bread and spread it liberally with his favorite unpasturized peanut butter. You know, the kind that's really heavy, sticky and oily?

With his toast loaded on a plate, he started to make his way into the living room to watch some TV whilst he noshed on this hearty repast.

Something bumped his elbow. The elbow on the arm of the hand that was holding the toast-laden plate.

The toast fell off the plate and onto his light beige wall-to-wall carpeting.

With indescribable joy in his voice, my brother informed me that the toast landed peanut butter side up! This really made his day!

This whole mild anecdote really helped snap me out of my funk.

"If someone with some real problems can get excited over such a small, yet satisfying event," I thought, "then it's time to re-assess what's been bugging me!"

"It's all good," was Scott's observation.


OH, YEAH! CHRISTMAS COOKIES!



A random photo from the 'net, but it says it all!







Restoring Rudolph! Click on the photo to read more!




Well, I guess this ends my experiment! Another "upper" was the following e-mail comment from the above-referenced Aunt Kathy:


You blog is terrific, as it your art work! Now, I'm telling you, son, you gotta
do something with all that talent. Tell me what you really wanna be when you
grow up, and don't say LEFT ALONE because that's my mantra!


Well, thanks, KK! I hope there was something here that brought at least a slight grin to everyone's stressed-out faces. Thanks for looking and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas cookies! Mmmmmmmm! This is the time of year I make all kinds of biscotti - guess I'll go get a few to dunk in my coffee... The tree is so pretty, cards from friends keep arriving, soon my family will be here. And yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

December 21, 2006 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

I'll see you after the holiday.

December 22, 2006 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I loved the cartoon your Aunt sent you.

Here is a pleasant thing to think of (I hope): You and the rest of my blogging family are the best present I could ask for and you even came early!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

December 23, 2006 2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially liked the story about Scott and the peanut butter. Have a Merry Christmas filled with small - but appreciated - miracles, and let's all get together when things quiet down again.

By the way, my old singing partner said, "I guess it had to happen eventually - 'Have you ever seen A Mighty Wind? I laughed out loud when I read it, and i was tempted to reply, 'Which one, the original or the movie version?' But I didn't, since it would require WAY too much explanation." Yup. The answer is... well... A Mighty Wind? ...I think I've heard of it... Now suppose I just tune up my guitar... ;)

Happy Holidays!

December 23, 2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger Satan said...

i read your comment regarding giving the devil his due over on dirks site

this made me want to stop in for a visit on your site

just to see if you might make a worthy minion

i am watching you

December 23, 2006 11:48 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

OOh, look! Santa, himself has stopped by to say, "hi!" Well now I know it's going to be an extra-special Christmas. (And some folks call dyslexia a "disability!" HA!)

December 24, 2006 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Satan is watching you.

I look forward to much fun in the new year.

Our Christmas was so good this year. I'm so excited about spending next Christmas with my son.

I got a digital camera... I'm psyched!

Hey, check out the new Beatles mix by Cirque Du Soleil.

AMAZING!!

George and Giles Martin produced it.

December 27, 2006 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home