Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Return To Form

Well, I got that computer in the mail yesterday.

My fantasy was that I'd use the 3.5" Windows 95 boot disk to get it up & running and then load the W95 operating system off the MS CD-ROM.

Oh, foolish Earthling!

The BIOS is crankin' and everything but the boot disk deal just isn't happening.

This is one of those things that had to work right out of the box or it would go onto my heap of time-consuming future projects.

Hello, heap!

The fact that Mariel was practically foaming at the mouth with excitement over the big box that came in the mail made things just that much more difficult. There I was, staring at a blank screen and she's chanting, "We go to pbskids website? Play games? Play games on pbskids website?"

Yep, that car stereo victory was but a blip on the graph of life.

I'm back in the groove, people!

6 Comments:

Blogger weatherchazer said...

I'm still working on the laptop at work that I'm supposed to use for home visits- HA! Doesn't have a CD drive. I swear it's older than Noah!

October 16, 2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

if you do get that puter workin' I bet Mariel would like starfall.com, Viv loves it.

October 16, 2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

weatherchazer: Noah, huh? I understand Adam and Eve shared an Apple.

furiousball: Oh no! Another flash-intensive website for Mariel to obssess over. (Seriously, thanks for the tip!)

October 16, 2007 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAWWW!! POOR BABY!!! adam and eve shared an apple....what a turd!

October 16, 2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Let's "give it up" for brotherly love, ladies and gentlemen!

Scott, is "Panky" doing anything this weekend..?

October 16, 2007 3:25 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

You should have let her play with the box. I thought most kids her age prefer it anyway.

October 16, 2007 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home