Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Music For Longhairs

I found these two LPs listed on Ebay a while back. They're "various artists" compilation albums on the DESIGN label.

I like the troll doll cover better than the faux-Carnaby Street design. I can't be sure, but I get the feeling that this might be the same album issued with two different cover designs.


Looking at the other end of the spectrum, here's an LP of "Music for Hardhats" played by The Hardhats.

Note that the song "A Boy Named Sue" is a featured tune. Our cover model is wearing a hardhat adorned with a pink flower and the name "Sue" emblazoned on it.

Is this supposed to be a "boy" named Sue? (Sue looks as if s/he got dressed in an awful hurry this morning!) I feel a tidal wade of conflicted gender-bending emotions by just looking at this cover.

One of the most pressing questions that springs to mind is, "Can I have a bite of that sandwich?"

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

For a boy, Sue has a sweet ass rack...just sayin'

May 02, 2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Music for Longhairs?! LMAO!

May 02, 2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Actually, what I need to find is a series of LPs called, "Music for Doughy, Bald Guys!"

May 05, 2007 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember listening to the "Music for Long Hairs" album when I was in grade school. It was the album cover at the top - one most memorable. "Do You Know" was the Chiffons contribution (I think)... Thanx for bringing back the memories.

March 07, 2009 4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home