Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sorry 'Bout That, Jerry!

So I unfolded my newspaper this past Saturday morning and there in big, bold typeface is the headline, "SADDAM HANGED!" Wow! I thought it was the sort of thing that was going to drag on for years and years (like this war or whatever it is.) The fact that he was hanged rather than shot, electrocuted or given a lethal injection also caught me off-guard as well.

Huh, Well, I guess they do those things.

A couple hours later, I had packed up my daughter into the family van and was driving down one of the main drags here in Fayetteville when I noticed a church was flying it's flag at half-mast.

"Gosh," I said to myself. "Are they that broken up about Saddam?" Maybe they're making a statement about the death penalty..?

Then I noticed two more flags at half-mast. "This is ridiculous!" I was now saying aloud.

Then I remembered... Gerald Ford just died. You know, an ex-president!

Duh! 100% USDA-certified Doofus!

Well, at least give me credit for not associating it with James Brown's recent passing.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey we all have "duh" moments, were human!!!

January 02, 2007 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You dork... Duh!

Oh man...

January 02, 2007 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

It was rather surprising how quickly they carried out his snetence. I thought they'd want to get it over with soon but that was nearly warp speed.

January 02, 2007 10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I'm glad I didn't do that.

Or did I?

January 03, 2007 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's always nice to see someone that is as up to date with news as I am.

I wouldn't have known that Saddam was dead if a friend of mind didn't tell me.

But yes, gold star for not thinking the flags were for James Brown ;)

January 03, 2007 6:32 PM  
Blogger pads promo said...


if you are looking for promo on products then click
promo on products
if you are looking for Oil change sticker then click
Oil change sticker
if you are looking for License plate frames then click
License plate frames
if you are looking for teardrop flags then click
teardrop flags
if you are looking for Custom Tents then click
Custom Tents

December 25, 2019 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home