Monday, September 06, 2021

Summer Project

 I finally slapped everything together yesterday, so let's take a look, shall we?

Front View

Sexy Angled View

I managed to staple the burlap to the baffle board with my new stapler.   The next step was to mount the speakers. I decided to use the original screws from the P.A. column baffle board. They were wood screws, so I drilled pilot holes for them. Can you see where the drill went right through the plywood and snagged the burlap? (Note to self: Next time, get actual speaker cloth, maybe? If there even is a next time!)

Rear View

Sunday morning I was back at my buddy Bill's house to install the 1/4" jack on the rear panel. (Thanks for the jack, Bill!)  Somehow I ended up with a 1/32" inch miscalculation when I installed the cleats for the panel.

Speaking of cleats, I was at a loss as to how to install the speaker board.  I had a couple scraps pieces of 1" x 2", so... I might want to paint them flat black to match the rest of the interior.

The last step will be to wire up the jack and I'll be good-to-go.

And that's how I spent my summer vacation. 

Well, my summer; there was no vacation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Friggin awesome! Is it yours? Bill's got the amp, right? Either way....superfuckingbadass.

September 06, 2021 9:37 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

That speaker cab is mine. Bill's putting together his own, full-sized twin-twelve rig. I'll post some pics of that once he's done with it!

September 06, 2021 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home