Sunday, August 29, 2021

Taking Shape!

 Update on the speaker project.

My goal is to end up with a facsimile of this:

An actual Silvertone 1484 cabinet.

Bill and I managed to glue on the remaining vinyl covering last week.  He was kind enough to give me a handle he scavenged off a Cordovox tone generator unit. Here it is with the speaker baffle:

Baffle in box, y'all.

I took a shot at putting on the burlap I bought for the grill cloth, but...

Not done, but I wanted to see how it would look.

I found my crappy, old staple gun and some 1/4" staples that wouldn't fit!  I had a handful of 5/16" staples that would, so I took a stab at it.  The staples are sticking up too far and I don't have enough to finish the job properly.  I went to Harbor Freight this morning and picked up a new stapler that will  theoretically take the 1/4" staples (T50 Style).  I'll take another shot at it... later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home