Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Ides of April

I haven't posted anything here since before Easter. Whew!

What can I say? I've been busy.

The week after Easter my In-Laws, i.e. Father-In-Law, Mother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law, came for a visit. Yep, fresh from the after-glow of the career upheaval and plant audit we had house guests. We love having company. It's just too bad I could only be around for a few hours each day, what with work and all.

The In-Laws are a great bunch and Mariel especially loves it when they're around. Oh, and I suppose Michelle likes seeing her family every so often, as well. (This is putting it mildly.)

Just before they left, the ever-popular "Check Engine" light came on in my car. It is a 1994 Dodge Shadow that has just turned over 126,000 miles. This light would not stay on, though. It would be off when I started the car and then come on, and stay on, only after having driven some random amount of miles. Then it would be off again, the next time I started it up. Aside from the transmission fluid level needing to be topped off, there were no symptoms of car malfunction.

On Friday, April fourth, we had some more company. My Father and Sister arrived in town from Kalamazoo, MI for a long weekend. I actually managed to wrangle Monday off from work, so I could spend an extra day with them.

What did I do on this glorious day?

I took them to a local appliance store to show them examples of the dish racks we make at the factory. Oh, and I took my car into the garage to see if they could nail down the cause of the "Check Engine" warning.

Come early Tuesday morning, I said my farewells to Dad and Kim and drove off into another work week.

Does it sound like my life has become one tightly-scheduled mundane-a-thon?

Well, it has.

But that's just the way it is going to be for the time being. I'll have to grab my blog-writing and blog-reading moments when and where I can. So I guess the cliche for today is:

"This, too, shall pass!"

Hope to be back here soon...

10 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

I'm going to start selling a check engine light repair kit. It will only be a small adhesive black piece of tape to cover it up.

April 13, 2008 8:31 AM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I'm glad you were able to take a little time off and spend it with your family.

I hope all this passes soon. We miss you.

April 13, 2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Craig, you're one of the best. Mundane-athon tidbits, knock-off LPs, obscure bits of musical evolution... Where else can a person be exposed to such wonders? I just had to come back out of the forest for one brief instant to tell you how much I've enjoyed your blog and your hysterically funny puns. I repeat: WHERE ELSE CAN A WIZARD FIND THIS STUFF??! (Occasionally Sigmund Gnome tries to be funny, but... well... it's feeble). If you are ever travelling my way, please get in touch. There's a light in the forest, and I'll leave it on for you.

Wizened Wizard

April 14, 2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Wiz'd Wiz'd: Thanks - that made my day!

whim: I'm trying to get back to you folks. Hope all is well.

f-ball: I need some of that tape, I reckon.

April 17, 2008 11:52 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

Is everyone getting a dish rack for X-mas this year?
Carry on, mundania sounds nice.

April 17, 2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

allan:

Only bad little girls and boys will be getting dish racks.

April 17, 2008 4:01 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Always happy to read whatever you've got to write, whenever you've got time to write it!

Hope nothing too expensive is wrong with the car.

April 17, 2008 7:16 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

i have not been around much lately either. i come back to find that dirk has closed his blog! what happened? anyways...so glad to see you are still here.

April 19, 2008 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, wow, you really showed your in-laws an exciting time!

Blog when you can - thank God for google reader, so I'll know when it happens and can check in.

April 21, 2008 5:43 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Well, I might get a little too worked up over dish racks, but consider Patty Duke. A hot dog makes her lose control!

April 23, 2008 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home