Monday, February 25, 2008

More About ME (Mystic Eyes, That Is!)


There's a post about my old band, MYSTIC EYES, over at the ocanadarm blog! The main purpose of the post is to share an upload of a "bootleg" cassette of demos that I assembled for the band's 1997 appearance at FUZZFEST '97 in Atlanta, Georgia.

The blog's authored scoured the web for information about the band and he has included a lengthy quote from the band website, as well. He also did an upload of the GARAGE SALE compilation cassette, to which we contributed a track.

Yes, I have a cult following!

10 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

next step, occult following

February 25, 2008 9:10 AM  
Blogger RED MOJO said...

Wow, you're famous, sort of.

February 25, 2008 9:43 AM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Looking cool on the cover!

February 25, 2008 4:07 PM  
Blogger Dgrador said...

The last show I played with my old band the Fiends was at Fuzzfest Northwest in Portland last summer. We shared the stage with Chocolate Watchband, Strawberry Alarm Clock, and The Electric Prunes, who in particular seemed a bit in awe that *anyone* remembered them...

I'd say that 90% of my music collection sold less than 1000 copies; there's a definite thrill in feeling as if I'm the only one on the planet that has heard these gems.

My dub of "Tugboats" was part of a swap for some Plugz with a buddy in Europe.

I'm not sure whether garagepunk itself gets cult status, but as a musical niche its status certainly continues to grow.

Especially among the young punk scene.

February 25, 2008 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, look at you, all famous-ish!

February 27, 2008 5:44 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

Which one is you?

February 27, 2008 3:31 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

allan: I'm 3rd from left; the guy labeled as "Craig." Go figger!

February 27, 2008 3:43 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

that's serious cult activity there craig, I'm 'well' impressed (as we say here)

March 04, 2008 4:50 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Dude, you look just like the the guy on your sidebar.

March 04, 2008 9:06 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

allan: Sadly, yes.

March 05, 2008 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home