Saturday, February 02, 2008

Lordy, Lordy...

...look who's ten years past Forty!

Yeah, not only is Febrary 2nd "Groundhog Day" but this year I've turned the big FIVE-OH!

I mean, Eisenhower was President when I made the scene. It was a time when people drank tap water and Jack Paar hosted the TONIGHT SHOW.

Cr-e-e-e-e-e-a-a-a-k!

Growing up, I was blessed with a solid family, i.e. Mom, Dad, Scott (brother), Kim & Amy (sisters). My parents took me to Sunday School and gave me a good Christian upbringing.

Now I'm the one with a wife (Michelle) and kid (Mariel)! In fact, we'll be celebrating our twentieth wedding anniversary this year. How did this happen?

My forties are over and, right on cue, the AARP membership package showed up in my mailbox.

If the next fifty years go by as fast as the first fifty...

Well, then, I'll be 100 years old, I guess.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

17 Comments:

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Happy Birthday!

I hope you have a great day and a wonderful year. :-)

February 01, 2008 10:27 PM  
Blogger Retrophile said...

You're one of the GREAT ones Craig! You certainly deserve another fifty ... Happy B-Day, my friend.

Ian

February 02, 2008 12:32 AM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

Happy Birthday!

Nixon was Vice President...

In case you didn't already know.

February 02, 2008 1:24 AM  
Blogger RED MOJO said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!

February 02, 2008 8:11 AM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

Happy Birthday Craig!

February 02, 2008 8:52 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Happy Birthday Craig! I hope you do something fun to celebrate!

(And will Mariel sing Happy Birthday to you all week?)

February 02, 2008 10:48 AM  
Blogger Gale said...

Welcome to my world!!! Happy 50th. Misery loves company. :)

February 02, 2008 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day, CD! 100 happy returns, all in good health !

February 02, 2008 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to me pal and chum!
-Kaseykockroach

February 02, 2008 12:50 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

hey 50 is the new thirty so...by the time you are sixty you will really be 20.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

and may you have many more.

February 03, 2008 10:32 AM  
Blogger more cowbell said...

Whoo-hooo! Rip the wrapping! Eat the frosting! Embrace the confetti! Happy Birthday, Craig.

February 04, 2008 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Craig! If the next fifty years go by like the first, you'll be forced to the aburdity of cliaming to be 60 years past 40! (Of course, I'll be a spring chicken of 95, so I'll be around to read it.)

February 04, 2008 3:53 PM  
Blogger The In Crowd said...

Congratulations - - Hope it was a grand event.

All the best for your 50-somethings!

February 05, 2008 2:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHOA! HAAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

50? You don't like a day older than 49.

February 06, 2008 12:26 AM  
Blogger Pink Icing said...

Now you're part of the 50 Club birthdays go happily on and on so I won't say Happy Belated Birthday cos you should still be celebrating. Enjoy.

February 06, 2008 7:24 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

I made something for you.

February 09, 2008 6:19 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Congratulations! Happy Birthday and here's to the next 50!

February 10, 2008 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home