Saturday, December 08, 2007

BLOG DUMP

I'm still in full "Anne Frank Mode" as far as internet access goes, but I thought I'd try to throw together some bits 'n' pieces just because I have this brief window of opportunity.
If I ever write a book about Alfred Hitchcock, I will use the pen name of Craig McGuffin. That is, if I can be sure McDonalds won't sue.
The brakes on our van started chirping just before Thanksgiving. I took it in to a Midas Muffler center to have them look into it.

Their diagnosis?

Warped rotor and, oh, yeah the rear cylinders are leaking. It's gonna be about $775 to fix it all.

Whoah, whoah, whoah! I just put in all new brake lines & cylinders a couple years ago. I decided to have them do nothing and take it over to our usual garage. His diagnosis?

There's nothing wrong with these brakes! The rotors look brand-new. We could use some new rear shocks, though. $169 later, we're back on tha street, kickin' it Grand Caravan style.
We have house guests this week. Michelle's Mom, Dad and sister are visiting. A fun group.
Michelle's Dad likes to troll the dollar stores for cheap videos. I took him to a nearby "Dollar General" after dinner a couple nights back. We pawed through the DVDs and I was able to score the SCTV Volume Three box set for $10! SWEET! I paid beaucoup bucks for volumes one and two back in late 2005, so this was very cool.
Oops. Blogging period is over. Gotta go. Don't tell anyone I was here...

13 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

ooooh SCTV DVDs. how did they fit Eugene Levy's eyebrows on a DVD though? Or should I say eyebrow

December 08, 2007 4:52 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

my lips are zipped.

December 08, 2007 9:33 PM  
Blogger RED MOJO said...

Wow, Midas sucks!

December 09, 2007 1:12 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

LoL come back soon y'hear...

as for the first garage...scum.

December 09, 2007 6:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SCTV Rocks! Dishonest mechanics suck!

December 09, 2007 6:48 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Glad you didn't get the Midas touch. What bums they are!

Craig? No, I haven't seen Craig. Not here.

December 10, 2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Typical Midas. Losers. Way to go get a second opinion.

December 11, 2007 12:38 AM  
Blogger Bardouble29 said...

I hate when those guys try to take you for all its worth.

Hope you are doing well, I was missing all my blogging buddies and thought I would send some holiday cheer your way.

December 12, 2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger Gale said...

We call blogging "research' at work.

December 12, 2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Craig McGuffin! Excellent.
SCTV! Also Great!

Midas? They suck!

December 12, 2007 9:04 PM  
Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Craig McGuffin is a great pen name! You should use it even if you don't write a book about Hitchcock.

Believe it or not, I've never seen SCTV. Maybe I should head on down to the dollar store....

December 13, 2007 10:40 PM  
Blogger weatherchazer said...

My mechanic is my father-in-law and he usually foots the bill to writee of on taxes or something...need I say more?

December 14, 2007 10:52 AM  
Blogger more cowbell said...

"kickin' it Grand Caravan style."

hahahahahaha!

December 15, 2007 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home