Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Report From The Homefront

1. The heavenly scent of a home-cooked meal greeted my nostrils when I came home from work last night. Michelle had a chicken in the oven and had also baked up a pan of cornbread.

"Thanks for making dinner, Hon," I said as we dug in. "It smells great!"

"I dunno, " Michelle replied a few beats later. "My chicken tastes... funny."

"Really?" I said with my mouth full.

I hadn't noticed, but now that she had mentioned it, there was a pretty rank taste that the initial baked chicken smell had helped to mask.

"Gah," she further stated, "I can't finish this."

I went a couple more bites into mine and then, too, gave up the fight.

What was the problem? Could it have been frozen, thawed and then re-frozen? Was it a bad bird? Had it been embalmed with too many chemicals?

Who knows? We agreed that we would forsake the Mart of Wal meat aisle and make a trip to an actual butcher shop for our next bird.
2. Looks like AAMCO is going to fix our van's transmission this week.

In reviewing my recent foray into USED CAR LAND, we decided that getting the ol' van fixed was our best bet, after all.

We chose AAMCO because it is a national chain and with the warranty, we hope that any further transmission repairs could be done just about anywhere we might get stranded.

At least, that's the theory. You've all seen how my well-intentioned car plans have been working out...

3. Blogger just ate the rest of this post and I don't feel like retyping it. With any luck, I'll be able to check in during the upcoming Labor Day weekend, though. Catch you all later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Have a terrific long weekend!

August 30, 2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

Could it have been the secret ingredient that my spies added to the bird?


muh-ha-ha-ha...

August 30, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger CS said...

So, you noticed a rank taste, but decided to eat a few mor bites anyway? I don't know about you, Craig.

August 30, 2007 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home