Friday, July 06, 2007

Hi, gang! I've been on "vacation" this past week, owing to my company's annual plant shutdown schedule.

What have I been doing? Well, that's a whole 'nother blog entry, I suppose.

Right now, I want to thank Dorky Dad, for awarding me the blogosphere equivalent to the Malcolm-Baldridge Award. Of course, I'm talking about the prestigious "Guy/Dude Blogger Award!"



You can read about the selection process in Herr Dorkenheimer's uber-patriotic July 4th posting.

I am now compelled to pass the honor along to five other Guy/Dude bloggers. Here are my choices.

1. Toby Roan's writefink blog gets the first nod. I happened upon his blog last fall by hitting the "next blog" button. Toby is an advertising copywriter who lives in the "Triangle Area" here in NC. His love of Beach Party Movies and such caused me to leave some comments. Then he left some comments here. This was a big enough incentive to add entries here on a more than once-a-month basis. So, Toby, you were the unwitting catalyst for making the who-really-cares-anyway blog what it is today!
2. The In Crowd's I'm Learning To Share spot gets the second nod. His early Yvonne Craig photo spread had me hooked instantly! The pop-culture effluvia kept me coming back. Keep up the good work, my man!
3. Allan's camels-back-and-forth blog is well worth reading on a daily basis, says I. His entries are by turns harrowing, hilarious, thought-provoking and nougat-filled. He's a regular deer-splitter!
4. Lester Hunt's blog is peachy keen brain food. I have to admit, I'm 'way over my head when lester gets to thinkifyin', but I likes it fine.
5. The life-time achievement award goes to dirk star's jester's rap blog. Yeah, dirky-poo is doin' the "Mister Mom" thing these days with his new-born son, Micah, so he hasn't been prowling the virtual neighborhood as he once was. But, let's not hold these skewed priorities against him, folks. Let's give it up for the man with the Frank Zappa icon! WOOT!
Now, I'll probably think of another five or five hundred "guy bloggers" I should have also mentioned after I post this, but you know what?
I'm on vacation!

11 Comments:

Blogger DirkStar said...

Please help me to help Al Gore save the planet.

July 07, 2007 12:24 AM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

Man, I'm all teary eyed...

Uh,have you not been reading my blog?

I'm back big time!

Did you not read my post about Al Sharpton?

July 07, 2007 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duuuude! That's awwwesome!

Glad to hear you're having a terrific vacation too!

July 07, 2007 9:20 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

Thanks. It needed doing, glad ya did it.

July 07, 2007 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy vacation! i will definitely have to check out all these blogs!

July 07, 2007 4:33 PM  
Blogger Lester Hunt said...

Gee, thanks Craig! I likes your write-inatin' too! And now, I'm off on another trip. Have a great rest-of-your-vacation (if there's still some left).

July 08, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for all of these recommendations, Craig. And you definitely deserve the award!

July 08, 2007 11:32 PM  
Blogger the blogger formerly known as yinyang said...

Deer-splitter. Heehee.

July 09, 2007 3:52 AM  
Blogger The In Crowd said...

Hey Craig - -

Thanks for this prestigious honor! And THANKS too for all your efforts in spreading the word about my blog.

You've been a very vocal supporter from the git-go, and I appreciate it.

Don't think I haven't noticed all the spots around the net that you've been dropping my link in comments and such.

You the dude, dude!

Thanks again for doing what you do and being who you be.

Cheers!

July 09, 2007 11:18 AM  
Blogger CS said...

Congratulations to you! I agre with your choice of Allans blg and look forward to checking out the others, which are new to me.

July 10, 2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger Toby Roan said...

I'm glad to know my blogs and comments have done something positive somewhere out there.

July 10, 2007 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home