Saturday, May 05, 2007

The On-Going Crisis

Note: This is not my tub, but it almost is.



As mentioned HERE, we'd been having a problem with ants in the bathroom, specifically in and around the bathtub.

Well, we bit the bullet and had a contractor come in to re-hab the area. The crew started on Wednesday morning. Once they pulled off the tile and the old plaster board they found a mother-lode of ants, eggs, nests and centipedes at home in the insulation. The workers were covered with these little buggers. My poor wife saw the whole thing and will undoubtedly require massive therapy. Luckily, I was at work and missed the festivities.

The question of whether or not to keep the window was solved for us, because they found much of the window casing was rotted and needed replacing. "BRICK THE DANGED THING UP!" was our reply.

It is now Saturday morning. They are still working towards finishing up this project. Some final "mud work" and painting are required. Will this be the night our family can once again shower and bathe?



SATURDAY EVENING UPDATE.

The answer is a resounding "N-O!"

Instead of the three-man crew that had been "working" on this apparently monumental project during the week, we got one guy today. The contractor boss-man dropped him off and ran over to another job.

The fellow on-site installed the combination light/fan unit and then waited for the boss-man to return to get the dry-wall prep finished. Boss-man showed up, diddled around for a bit and then announced that he was "taking Danny out for lunch."

This "lunch" has proven to be an hour to hour-and-a-half ritual, so Michelle, Mariel and I ran over to the Home Depot to pick up a new shower rod. We were in and out in record time. BIG MISTAKE ON OUR PART!

Somewhere around 4:00, two hours after "lunch" began, the boss-man called us from his cell phone. "Hey, where were you? Lissen, we'll have to finish this up on Monday." These stinkers must've cut their lunch "short" (only an hour?) and came back to a locked house. Rather than wait five minutes, they fled the scene. Bastiches!

Long story short, the wife called him back on his cell and told him in no uncertain terms that this project will be finished up on Monday and they will clean up the mess they've made. I immediately re-claimed the family room and threw all their tools and what-not into our shed. "For safe keeping" don't you know.

Michelle cleaned up the layers of crap in the bathroom and we gave Mariel a bath tonight. Heck, I even took a bath! I haven't had a shower since Wednesday morning, gang, and I have to help usher at Church tomorrow.

What will I find when I come from work Monday evening..?

5 Comments:

Blogger CS said...

Hopefully a finished project, and no mess? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Glad you finally got to take a shower - yikes.

May 05, 2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

Oh boy, I've got one bathroom project just like this waiting for me...best wishes, I will go do a bathroom project dance for you...actually, I'll invent one first, then do it.

May 06, 2007 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my that sounds like a bathroom nightmare. oh the joys of home ownership!

May 06, 2007 9:40 AM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I'm so sorry Craig! I hope you find a finished project on Monday and can take a proper shower.

And about all those bugs... Ewwwwwwwwww! And I don't normally consider myself a squeamish person about such things.

May 06, 2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Bardouble29 said...

Just can't find good help any more these days...

May 07, 2007 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home