Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Album Covers

I bought my first CD-R drive back in 1999. It was clunky. It was slow. It would spazz out and waste the occasional $1.00-apiece blank CD-R. But I loved it! This was so far beyond making a cassette! I don't know how many hours of my life went down the drain transferring music from 45s/LPs/tapes into wav files and then onto CD-Rs, but I'm sure it is a large amount.

Even more time was flushed down the drain crafting jewel case inserts. Now, I'm no graphic artist or anything, but I thought I'd share some of them here with you, my adoring blog audience.
Hey - No surprise here! Yep, one of my first big projects was to compile my various Budget Bin Beatles Knock-Offs.

Instead of "Meet The Beatles" I called the first one "Not The Beatles."
(This is because I am so clever.)

So, naturally, that was followed up by...

Witty word-play for compilation #3.

Then, a return to form for #4!

I really liked the name and the design for this one!

Sorry for the crappy scan, here.
This is my "Crumbs" series.
These consist of various tracks recorded by garage bands in the mid-sixties.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

LOL! I love cover #3!

May 22, 2007 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, there's just something about this post that reminds me of a favorite movie of mine, Christopher Guest's, "A Mighty Wind" ... I might be a little off-topic with this ... but have you ever seen it? Type the title into YouTube and knock yourself out! Does this blog support HTML links? Here's a link (if it works) to the scene where the Folksmen are sitting around talking about their past record labels. They finally got bumped down to a budget label called "Folk Tone" with 2-color covers and no distribution -and the actual records didn't have a hole punched into the center!! Hilarious! The customer had to punch their own hole :-) "If you punched a hole in 'em, you'd have a good time!"

Copy and paste the following URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVa3cOE5-1M&mode=related&search=

May 22, 2007 10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"A fraud day's night." That's just funny.

May 23, 2007 12:22 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

ian: I am VERY familiar with our friends, THE FOLKSMEN! I think this was the last movie Michelle & I actually saw in a theater before Mariel was born. LINK?

May 23, 2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger Charlotta-love said...

Although I didn't grow up in the 60's, I loved the music from that era. #3 made me laugh out loud...which is bad since I'm at work. lol.

May 23, 2007 9:56 AM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

The Not the Beatles covers are awesome - is the music any good? Like it matters with a cover like that!

May 23, 2007 10:05 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

charlotta: Sorry I cost you your job! But cheer up, there'll be others...

furiousball: Check out THIS blog entry. It contains a link to another blog that contains a link to a zip file so you can download a sample!

May 23, 2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

These are great! Did you do any for The Rolling Rocks? Or Janet Joplin, Bigger Brother and the Fondling Company?

Love the Crumbs inserts, and those four fellows on the Not The Beatles IV look like they could be bloggers...

Glad to see that all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance all work and no play has been brought back into balance...

May 23, 2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

wiz: I don't know about having been "brought back into balance." Some folks found my "conceptual art piece" rather, shall we say, "uninteresting." I'm all about entertaining my on-line buddies, here!

May 23, 2007 1:07 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I think I just heard some thunderous applause...!

May 23, 2007 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home