Sunday, July 25, 2021

Baffled by the Baffle Board

 Well, I got all excited about cutting out the six 5-1/2" holes for my speakers with my jigsaw and ended up royally screwing the pooch. I tried making a compass device for my saw that had a 2-3/4" radius so I could make a perfect circle.

Except I ended up snapping the blade off in the jigsaw and creating half a spiral on the board.

My buddy, Bill, came up with a router table so we could anchor the board at the circle's center-point and then rotate it around the cutting tool. A garbage-picked Black and Decker work table was adapted for this purpose:


We took a couple of trial runs on the baffle I had ruined and then went for it on the new board.

The result?

Not bad!

Next, I will add the trim to keep the as yet un-purchased speaker cloth off the front of the board and then paint everything flat black.

Baby steps, people.

Baby steps.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That looks like a good way to cut a circle. Got any pics of the spiral cut ham?

July 25, 2021 8:56 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Sadly, no. Heretofore known as "the incident."

July 26, 2021 6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home