Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Little Help..?

Well, week after week Blogger would taunt me with "WHY DON'T YOU SWITCH OVER TO THE NEW BLOGGER?" and "WE'RE OUT OF BETA!"

My fellow bloggers were touting the NEW BLOGGER as being THA SHIZNIT!

I caved into the peer pressure and started clicking on the totally bitchen "switchover to new blogger" link. I would then get the thumbs down from the blogger country club selection committee. "Oh, we're so sorry, but we cannot change over one or more of your blogs at this time," they would smarmily reply. "Please do try again."

Last night I got the nod from the blogger star chamber and "they" (whoever "they" are) agreed to change me over.

HUZZAH! I am not worthy! I am not worthy! At last - the storied land of milk and honey is within reach!

The result? ALL THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS ON BOTH MY BLOGS ARE NOW ATTRIBUTED TO "ANONYMOUS!"

Hey, thanks loads, you friggin' techno-geeks! Way to build an on-line community! I've a mind to not pay this month's blogger bill!!!! Huff Puff Puff...

Ok, I'm back. I put a cold cloth on the back of my neck and took a couple aspirins or something that was in a pill form. I don't think they were chewable, but I chewed them anyway. Why is it suddenly so bright in here? Where was I? Oh, yeah...

So first off, my apologies to all the nice folks who have been leaving comments here since last Spring. I didn't want to strip you of your identities, it just worked out that way.

Secondly, has this happened to anyone else? And if so, can anyone give me some pointers on how to undo the damage? I've been all over my setting options and can't seem to crack this particular nut.

I guess this is what I get for caving into peer pressure. Grumble, grumble... fixin' something that wasn't broken to begin with... All W's fault... Mutter, Mutter... Wheatstone Bridge... Huh? Is this thing still on? Well turn the damned thing off! Push the button, Frank!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bardouble29 said...

ummmmmmm, my switch over went ok...but I did mine several months ago. Sorry yours is being a pain.

January 14, 2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to hell.

My switch was annoying. I didn't experience your problems, but it was still annoying.

January 15, 2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger KenM said...

This is just a shot in the dark, Craig, but it looks like Blogger is getting the old you and the new you a bit confused, so you might want to try clearing out your cookies and see if that helps. Make sure you're logged out of Blogger when you do that, though.

January 15, 2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Thnks for the suggestion, Ken. Didn't work, though. I've had this problem on two different computers, using two different ISPs and two different browsers.

Oh, well...

January 15, 2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

The same thing happend to me Craig. I have no idea how to fix it though. Sorry. :-(

January 15, 2007 10:41 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Blogger only turned a few of my comments into anonymous. Don't know why, and don't know how to fix. I had other problems, though, with the switchover that left me cursing. You can see it here (although I haven't figured out how to make a link in comments):

http://csl-tangentialthinking.
blogspot.com/2007/01/bad-blogger-
bad-bad.html

January 20, 2007 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home