Monday, January 08, 2007

Appointment

My daughter (pictured, left) had her three year physical last week. The doctor is concerned about what appears to be a hernia, so he set up an appointment at a pediatric surgeon's office this afternoon. Good father that I am, I'll be taking off from work to go down with Mommy and the li'l one to find out the 411.

Honest, I had heard that little kids liked piggy back rides. I guess her old man is just too big for her to carry around. Oh well, the damage has been done...

UPDATE: Hey - thanks for everyone's concern!

Turns out it is an abdominal hernia and she'll need some out-patient surgery. She's scheduled for the procedure on the 18th.

Going forward, I'll suggest she lifts with her legs. Thanks for the tip, officer gary!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just droppin by to say thank you for making a Princess happy on her special day.

We had a simple celebration, but you guys made it special.

Thanks, Man.

January 08, 2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger Officer Gary said...

Next time she carries you, remind her to "lift with her legs."

January 08, 2007 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Craig, and your beautiful little girl. At this age she'll love having you go with her, but steel yourself... in another ten years, your stock will seem to have dropped a bit... Hope all goes well.

January 08, 2007 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a hernia? wow...i hope she is okay. do let us know what happens!

January 08, 2007 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! poor baby, please keep us posted...

January 08, 2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Hey - thanks for everyone's concern!

Turns out it is an abdominal hernia and she'll need some out-patient surgery. She's scheduled for the procedure on the 18th.

Going forward, I'll suggest she lifts with her legs. Thanks for the tip, officer gary!

January 08, 2007 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute kid!

Nice sports lingo...

January 08, 2007 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope she is ok. If it makes you feel any better both my sister and I had hernias at about that age. I know it doesn't feel like it when it's your kid going under the knife but they really are no big deal. It will be good excuse for you to spoil her rotten for a while. She is sooooo cute!

January 08, 2007 11:36 PM  
Blogger Mone said...

Thats rigth, she is soooooo cute! One job well done ;)

January 09, 2007 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter is adorable. And I agree with whimsical: spoil her rotten for a while. Surgery is no picnic, though it's much easier on the patient these days ...

January 09, 2007 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, even your own daughter is forced to carry the heavy burden of her father.

He-he...

Seriously, I hope the surgery goes as easy as possible.

I will "for sure" keep her in my thoughts.

January 09, 2007 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home