Thursday, June 03, 2021

 A Chili Experience

Hey, remember this guy? 


Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's Hamburgers. I've actually read his autobiography and his is a very interesting story. But to look at him, he looks like the blandest person who ever lived.

Now, Look at this:


Yep, it's Wendy's chili. According to his book, Dave got the idea to cut up left-over hamburgers and make chili go go with the salad bar, which was made up of cut-up left-over lettuce.

I got some for dinner the other night, as the wife and kid had eaten elsewhere. The chili from the bland guy's restaurant is actually, to my taste, pretty good.  Especially for a fast-food franchise operation. 

It had been a while since I sampled this delicacy; they threw in a fistful of these sauce packets at the drive-through:


Without thinking, I threw one of these puppies into my container. 


Wowee!

So much for Mister Bland!  "Hot Chili Seasoning" is truth in advertising!

You've been warned.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home