Saturday, November 08, 2008

Merry-Go-Round

Wednesday will mark my first anniversary at my current job. Yes I have been the "Quality Engineer" at a North Carolina manufacturing company for fifty-two weeks!

How did I last this long?

As I have previously documented here:

They fired Quality Manager #1 at the end of my first week.

They fired Quality Manager #2 four months later. ("We're not hiring another manager," I was told. "You'll have to pick up the slack!")

Well, as of Thursday, they fired my most recent boss, as well.

I was out of the plant that day and was briefed on this new development Friday morning.

So now I'm on my fourth boss in 12 months. (Possibly this is the fifth boss, as I may have temporarily been reporting to the Plant Manager for a week or two somewhere in there.)

The turnover at the plant has been dizzying. Managers and supervisors have been wished into the cornfield. Temps come and go. Shift patterns mutate and re-mutate.

But, by the grace of God, I'm still there.

What a week.

I hear we even elected a new president...

6 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

congrats on making it a year amigo. and yes, there is a new guy in charge.

November 08, 2008 12:52 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Happy anniversary ... I think.

November 08, 2008 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funy how turmoil in your own life can make even huge news (like Obama) recede. Hang in there.

November 08, 2008 9:22 PM  
Blogger more cowbell said...

In this economy, I am truly happy to hear about this anniversary! Hang tough.

November 09, 2008 8:01 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

One year is almost a 'career' these days...congrats!
"Temps come and go "...no kidding!

November 10, 2008 11:01 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

wow, that feels very weird to think I've been checking in here for a year, and more.

Congratulations.

November 10, 2008 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home