Saturday, September 20, 2008

Crunch Time!

Well, gang, the long-dreaded customer follow-up audit will happen at 10:00 AM this Wednesday. (The previous audit paved the way out the door for a previous Quality Manager. Guess who is in that particular cat bird seat this time 'round?)

It is hard to believe that there are only two work days left.

As if that isn't enough professional stress, the BIG KAHUNA chewed tail at the 3:00 PM Friday staff meeting on a wholly unrelated subject. In response to this additional potential career-ender, I blew my Saturday morning trying to get stuff in place to address this new concern. I had wanted to spend this time to further prepare for Wednesday. But, ah, well...

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as mid-week approaches. I'll endeavor to let you know how it all goes down.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary. Good luck!

September 20, 2008 9:24 PM  
Blogger the blogger formerly known as yinyang said...

Uh-oh. I hope you do better than the last guy!

September 20, 2008 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Craig! You're probably doing a better job than you give yourself credit for! All you can do is give it your best shot. Try not to worry too much. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Say "Hey" to Michelle and Mariel.

September 21, 2008 1:57 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Sounds super stressful.

G'luck!

September 21, 2008 7:12 PM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

yuck, well CYA!

September 22, 2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Well Craig, I've always thought you personify quality, so I'll bet you get through this just fine.

Just thought I'd poke my head out of the woods long enough to say hello and best wishes. Aside from the current job stress, I hope all is well with you and your family.

Wiz

September 23, 2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

Godzilla Bless you and may He breathe Fire upon the heads of those who seek to do you ill or scapegoat you.

September 23, 2008 12:46 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

The audit has come and gone.

The auditor was impressed at the improvements that had been put in place and some "atta boys" were exchanged.

The challenge will be to maintain the improvements and to not back slide.

Thanks, all, for your prayers, encouragement and good vibes.

Maybe now I can go back to blogging about car repairs, hamburgers and the like..?

September 24, 2008 12:29 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Woot! Whatever happened to the mystery post? The one with the leftie guitar?

September 24, 2008 3:00 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

allan:

I had a "request" (from a person who cannot be name) that I remove it.

Woot, indeed!

September 24, 2008 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job as always!!!!

R. Amend

September 24, 2008 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home