Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Grand Caravan, Vibe, Sedona

See that?

It's a Pontiac Vibe.

I'm gonna be driving one of these for a couple of days later this month when we drive up to Buffalo, NY.

Why?

Because our 1996 Grand Caravan has become the expensive repair Death Star and must be put down. The latest prognosis contained the phrase "catalytic converter." That was our trigger to pull the plug.

Forget about cruising the Interstate. This heap didn't even make it home from the last round of repairs! I called AVIS and rented the Vibe for the two-day trip. Even with gas prices factored in, this is the most cost-effective plan we could conjure.

My Dad (bless his heart) has been insisting that we take his 2003 KIA Sedona. This was even before we knew the Grand Caravan had gone malignant.

So, we will drive to Buffalo, turn in the rental and then take delivery of the Sedona.

Sounds like a plan.

What could possibly go wrong, I ask you?

I'm sure I'll find out...

6 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

One word...three letters actually: AAA

July 09, 2008 9:16 PM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

i'm with bobby, do it

July 10, 2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

Knocks wood...

July 10, 2008 11:00 AM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

Yes, I'm still alive! I've been riding my bicycle and getting some exercise to get my Diabetes under control. I've lost almost twenty-eight pounds now.

Park your car and ride a bike. I've gone automobile free for fifty-six days and it has done nothing but good for me.

I just posted about seeing Ringo and his All-Starr band two nights ago. Great show!

July 10, 2008 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having just logged roughly a bazillion miles at Canadian gas prices, you have my sympathy.

July 10, 2008 9:09 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

My condolences. May your Vibe be a good one, and the Sedona satisfactory.

July 10, 2008 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home