Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Here are some of the things I did this past Memorial Day Weekend.




1. I transferred 20 Scrappy cartoons from a VHS tape to a DVD+R. Scrappy was a "star" character for the Columbia-distributed Screen Gems studio back in the 1930s. There is a weird undercurrent in practically all of these cartoons. I'm willing to bet there will not be a big SCRAPPY resurgence anytime soon, so check out SCRAPPYLAND for more information.



2. My shed, out back, was floor-to-ceiling full of cardboard boxes. This was because we thought need them because we thought we'd be moving "back North" a couple years ago. None of those job interviews panned out, so we ended up stuck in Fayetteville, NC with a shed-load of boxes. I used my trusty razor knife to cut up and flatten out most of these boxes. I plan to take them to the recycling collection center.



3. I moved the new computer off of the card table and onto my computer hutch. I also installed the new scanner/printer. This drove home the point of how fragile the eco-system in my family room is. I now have an extra, old computer with no place to put it. My solution? Yep, its sitting on a folding table. I'll have to piece it back together and pull off all the old stuff I want to keep, e.g. resumes, pictures, programs, et cetera. How do you people who buy new computers every stinkin' year do it?!?!?





4. Michelle, Mariel and I got together with some friends from church and went out for pizza last night. Afterwards, we went to a Sonic Drive-In where Mariel and her friend, Hunter, happily romped in the playground area. This was a welcome, low-keyed antidote to the previous evening's Holiday Inn fiasco.



5. Daddy went to bed by 8:30 and slept until 6:30 the following morning. Ah, sweet, sweet slumber! It will be back to the work-a-day world Wednesday morning. June promises to be a very rough month with some nettlesome projects coming due (actually over-due) so I am grateful for this brief respite.

Later!

4 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

i envy that sleep you got. envy it. i say.

May 27, 2008 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Sonic's onion rings.

May 27, 2008 8:49 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Sounds like you got a lot done.

I need to do to my storage closet what you did to your shed. It is full of boxes.

May 28, 2008 1:03 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Sleep is good!

Just out of curiosity, what is a Sonic drive-in? Do they bring the food to your car / table? Or do you have to go in and fetch it yourself?

May 30, 2008 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home