Monday, November 05, 2007

November

Well, you know, boys and girls, Halloween is over and November is here. We are now entering that giddy time of the year where the stress and anxiety becomes so thick that you can cut it with an axe!

Let's take a look at some of the random stuff coming up in this glorious month, shall we?
1. My Last Day of Work. I'll be leaving the printing plant's employ on 11/07. I'm thinking of bringing in some sort of treat for my coworkers as they've been a pretty great bunch. This being North Carolina, I'm considering making it a whole bunch of breakfast biscuits, but we'll see...
2. My One "Day Off." On Thursday, 11/08, I'm hoping to carve out a couple hours to finish installing the operating system on the computer may pal, Bill, sent me. This will entail getting the modem working so I can register it with the good folks at Microsoft. Also, the sound card will need to be brought back to life. Then, maybe I can get the scanner and printer functional. Dare to dream, says I. Just found out I have to be at the new plant for an "employee orientation meeting" Thursday morning. Well, maybe I can do the computer "thang" in the afternoon. As I said, "Dare to dream!"

3. Last "Father-Daughter Day" Friday. 11/09 will be the last in a long series of "Father-Daughter Fridays." My wife has put her employer on notice that she can no longer work 8AM - 8PM on Fridays because of my new work schedule. The idea that strangers should be paid to watch Mariel while Mommy works, so she can afford to pay the strangers just doesn't make sense.
4. First Day at the New Job! This Monday will usher in a new era of 90 mile round trips to the dishwasher rack factory. Insert all the "new job stressors" here.
5. Pre-Thanksgiving Preparations. Sadly, Michelle's Aunt Kathy, her dog, Gus and her friend, Mayme, won't be able to come down for Thanksgiving as originally hoped. Some folks from Michelle's Urgent Care Clinic will be, though. The house will have to be cleaned out and cleaned up from top-to-bottom. With any luck I can attend to some lawn care chores, as well.
6. Thanksgiving. Baking, cooking, cleaning, hosting, more cleaning!
7. Mariel's Birthday! My sweet daughter turns four on 11/28. We're hoping to have some folks over, so that means more cleaning, cake, wrapping, unwrapping, etc.

Whew! Then, on 12/4, Michelle's parents and her sister will arrive for a week-long stay. I love my in-laws and the feeling is mutual, so it is not a bad thing that they're coming. It will just mean more cleaning, skewed sleeping arrangements and keeping company entertained for a week. I'm so happy to have company, I don't care.

Oh, and then there's that whole Christmas thing...

Down we go! Yaaaaaaay!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

Wow, I didn't know our little ones were so close in age - Viv's b-day is 12/23. Good luck with that job, remember kick someone's ass on the first day.

November 05, 2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger weatherchazer said...

Your stress level sounds equivilent to mine!

November 05, 2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Ergh. My head's spinning just thinking about all of that!

Hang tough and g'luck!

November 05, 2007 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

egg-
it aint no thing but a chicken wing. by the way... Mariel is 4 already???!!! Speaking of kids....this xmas, i think presents for just the little ones will be appropriate and appreciated. and this 'new' job.... i don't think at this point in our lives there is anything really 'new' to be had. you've done all this stuff b4, so no stress, right? so keep the hams and cupcakes hidden (figuratively / psychically (?) speaking) and just do your thing. nobody oput htere will be any better at it. very proud and good luck.

November 05, 2007 11:21 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

but you know what, i get the feeling you're looking forward to it....

November 05, 2007 2:18 PM  
Blogger RED MOJO said...

Busy, busy, not much time for personal reflection, just a whole lot of prepare-do-relief, in a series until we can breathe deeply again, sometime in January.
Best of luck!

November 05, 2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger more cowbell said...

Hey Craig, thanks for that! I think I'll go have a November anxiety attack now! Hey, that blows about the commute - I feel for you. That's one reason I hold on to my crap-job - it may not pay much, but I dont' have a commute. Maybe get some books on tape? Or courses on tape? Good luck...

November 05, 2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

Here's hoping you make it through!

Just remember to take deep cleansing breaths. That's what my therapist says anyway.

November 05, 2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger Gale said...

Wow, don't forget to take a nap.

November 05, 2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger PDR said...

I'll bet that people who work in an Urgent Care clinic will be thrilled to sit back, relax and enjoy a home-cooked meal no matter how clean the house may be. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving a few weeks early!

November 05, 2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Looks like things are tipping into the realm of positivity...keep it up!

November 05, 2007 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home