Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vacation Looming

An immutable law for the week before your vacation is that it will be one of the most stressful, grinding work weeks of the year.

It looks like I am in full compliance! My department lost one inspector, another one is off and today will be my second consecutive trip to a customer's plant for problem review and resolution. (The 103 degree heat index makes working in a factory extra charming this time of year, by the way!)

My wife has been stressing over getting all the trip arrangements in line. Remember, now, that she's stuck at home wit the kid and no car. Mariel is keyed-up in anticipation of traveling to see all her cousins and grand parents, too.

Our pastor has a year-long initiative for our church body to spend thirty minutes a day in prayer. That has been no problem for yours truly. It has really helped with my anxiety levels to keep God in the loop.

Days continue to be filled with problems, but that's the nature of life on this planet, I guess.

Once I pick up that rental car on Friday, I'll breathe a sigh of relief.

Will there be reports from the road? Maybe. Maybe not.

If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm...

ON VACATION!

7 Comments:

Blogger furiousBall said...

try to relax amigo, enjoy that vacation

July 24, 2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

ENJOY!

July 24, 2008 2:29 PM  
Blogger Allan said...

Have a safe and very fun trip!

July 25, 2008 9:08 AM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I hope you have safe travels and a wonderful time!

July 25, 2008 5:32 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Ergh. Sounds stressful.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful and a rejuvenating vacation!

July 25, 2008 7:25 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Go and enjoy! We'll be here when you return.

July 26, 2008 11:16 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Thanks, guys.

I'm at the Hampton Inn in Bridgeport, WV.

The first day's travel went without a hitch. There are "just" 316 more miles to go. We'll turn in the Ford Edge that we rented and then the week-long Buffalo visit can commence.

Mariel is a great traveler and Mommy has been keeping her busy with backseat activities while Daddy drives.

More..?

July 27, 2008 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home