Monday, June 02, 2008

Hope I Can See The Doctor

I was driving in to work this morning and my left eye was giving me fits. You see, it was early enough (6:00 AM) that street lights, head lights, and the like were still lit. Any source of light had a "halo" around it.

At first, I thought it was a case of my glasses being dirty. Predictably, removing my glasses made everything blurry. The halos remained, though.

Rubbing my eye didn't help, either.

Fortunately, the sun came up and the halos became less of an issue.

Once at work, I noticed my computer screen was fuzzy. Yep, the old left eye again.

I removed my glasses once again, and discovered a NEW problem: ghosting!

Um...

"This is not good," I thought to myself.

I called my family doctor and will be in to see him Tuesday morning at 8:00 AM. We'll see if he has anything to say about it.

As much as I like the fact that LenseCrafters will replace nose pads for free, I think I need to see a "real" eye doctor. Don't you think?

6 Comments:

Blogger the blogger formerly known as yinyang said...

Yeah. The Lens Crafter people are nice, but family doctors are better. Hopefully they figure out the problem, and it's fixable.

June 02, 2008 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. An ophthalmologist, at that. Ghosting! That sounds so mysterious.

June 02, 2008 10:50 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I hope everything is ok. Keep us posted.

June 03, 2008 12:37 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Let us know how it goes. Thinking of you.

June 03, 2008 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When driving, or riding in the car, I get that at night sometimes. Doc said its the old Optic Neuritis acting up. I use night driving glasses for the headlights. They are yellow lenses (blue-blockers) and really look awful, but the haloes are gone and the headlights are less bothersome.

Good luck at doc's.

June 03, 2008 10:16 AM  
Blogger Allan said...

I have that problem with my right eye but it only happens late at night. It used to scare me,but it never lasts more than an hour or so. Hope you have similar or better luck.

June 05, 2008 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home