Friday, July 03, 2009

In The Bunker: The Last Days III

Well, I finished up with that big project, which was getting PPAP (Production Parts Approval Process) samples made and measured. I cranked out the Part Submission Warrants, filled out the paperwork and personally delivered the samples to the customer yesterday.

There are some issues that will need to be resolved before the prints and the parts are in perfect harmony, but that's how it goes sometime. I suspect I will no longer be an employee soon, so I hope the survivors, i.e. Plant Manager and VP of Operation, are ready to address them. They've been through the drill before, so no worries.

I was so wrung out, that I fell face-down on my bed at 7:30 last night and slept though until 6:30 this morning. Ah, sweet, sweet exhaustion!


5 Comments:

Anonymous shelley said...

they still havent told you ?? that is just wrong.. hope some quality family time this weekend will help ..

July 04, 2009 4:07 PM  
Blogger Craig D said...

I have it in writing that my "permanent layoff" date is 07/17/09, but they could pull the plug at any time. The recently-terminated 2nd shift employees were given a date of 07/10/09 but were wished into the cornfield a week ahead of schedule.


(My understanding is that they would have to pay me through 07/17/09 whetherI work or not, but I've been wrong before...)

July 04, 2009 4:46 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Waiting for the blade to drop must be excruciating.

July 05, 2009 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell them the carrot has officially fallen off the stick

July 05, 2009 5:22 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Ugh.

July 06, 2009 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home