Thursday, July 15, 2021

Bye-Bye, Tuna!

 I think I finally found the covering for my project!

I give you "Covington Dundee Carbon!"

Is my quest at an end, or is there one more boss battle ahead?

I think I finally found the covering for my project!

EDIT: Oh, noes! This isn't the vinyl I need. It's fabric for reupholstering couch cushions!

The same company offers something called Phifertex® Wicker Weaves Vinyl Mesh Free Spirit Denim Fabric. It's described as:

Phifertex® Plus Vinyl Mesh Metallica Smoke is a versatile designer sling fabric with unparalleled dimensional stability. The metallic weave combines yarns in a variety of tones, giving the material depth and a high-style design. Woven from 100% vinyl-coated polyester, this fabric is perfectly engineered for applications that demand extra strength. Designed to withstand the elements, Phifertex Plus will stay flexible in all climates and features Microban® antimicrobial protection.

Maybe this would be a better material..?


The search continues...


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

🎯

July 15, 2021 11:31 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

Turns out it's not actually vinyl or Naugahyde but, rather, upholstery fabric!

Can it be glued down to the speaker cabinet?

Should probably paint the cab primer gray first. Hmmmm...

July 15, 2021 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home