Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Quick Report

I woke up this morning to find that the halos and ghosting were no longer a problem in my left eye.

Huh.

I still kept my 8:00 AM doctor appointment. I hadn't been to my "regular doctor" since early 2005. This was a function of not having adequate health insurance coverage.

Seeing a fifty year old waltz into his office was like a hungry lion being thrown a raw steak.

In between his prostate exam and insistence that I get a colonoscopy (STAT!) I managed to get him to check my left eyeball.

He didn't see anything. He supplied a referral to an ophthalmologist, who I will be seeing Thursday afternoon.

But for the time being, there appears not to have been a stroke, a cataract or the like. We'll see what, if anything, the eye guy can tell me.

Thanks for everyone's concern and well-wishes!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's doing better today, but I think you're wise to keep the ophthalmology appointment.

June 04, 2008 6:11 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Ditto with CotW. Keep the appointment.

And for heaven's sake ... should you ever even remotely think you're having a stroke, get the to the ER stat! Waiting a day for an appointment could be bad, bad, bad.

June 04, 2008 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Craig!
I've been so busy that I did'nt read about your eye problem until today. Seeing as how I work for an ophthalmologist, I would definity recommend that you have it checked. They will put some dilating drops in and they can thoroughly check inside the eye. It may have been an optical migraine. I'm glad to hear it's gone. You really should be seen by an ophthalmolgist every 2 years if it's possible. Make sure they check your intra ocular pressure also- Dad has glaucoma. Take care and keep us updated!

June 04, 2008 11:55 AM  
Blogger Craig D said...

amy: I read about that "optical migraine." Imagine! It's possible to have a migraine without having a migraine headache! Who knew?

I'm sure they'll be giving me that little puff-of-air-into-the-eyeball test. Medical Marijuahna, here I come!

June 04, 2008 12:05 PM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

oh boy craig! hope it goes completely away soon

June 04, 2008 1:01 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Yikes Craig!

June 04, 2008 3:16 PM  
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...

I hope the eye doc can help and glad it wasn't a stroke. Please keep us posted.

June 04, 2008 9:16 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

i hope you get some answers. do you have any other symptoms than your eye problems?

June 05, 2008 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home